UNRCCA PREVENTIVE DIPLOMACY ACADEMY ANNOUNCES ENROLLMENT OF 2022 PARTICIPANTS
The Preventive Diplomacy Academy (PDA) of the United Nations Regional Centre for Preventive Diplomacy for Central Asia (UNRCCA) conducts annual training sessions on Preventive Diplomacy for youth from Central Asia and Afghanistan aged 18 to 29 years. The UNRCCA Preventive Diplomacy Academy activities are implemented in accordance with the Youth Strategy 2030 and UN Security Council Resolution 2250 - "Youth, Peace and Security," adopted in 2015.
The recruitment of participants is carried out through a competitive process based on the submission and evaluation of comprehensive applications by motivated and driven youth. Should you be accepted to the 2022 PDA candidates list, you will have the unique opportunity to gain a Youth Leader's knowledge and skills.. Additionally, 2022 PDA participants will gain understanding on the following topics: the basics of preventive diplomacy; conflict prevention strategies; intercultural communication; information security in the cyberspace; human rights; the role and participation of youth in preventing violent extremism; leadership skills and effective communication, and other topics linked to the YPS and 2030 agendas. Due to the ongoing pandemic, most classes will be conducted in an online format and therefore, a stable internet connection would be necessary to participate fully in the sessions.
After completing the training sessions, the participants will be included in the existing interregional network of the Preventive Diplomacy Academy alumni of Central Asia and Afghanistan. They will be involved in events organized by UNRCCA, other UN Agencies and other partner entities.
The following candidates are invited to participate in the competition:
- Citizens of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Afghanistan between the ages of 18 and 29 years, planning to enter or are already studying at specialized universities in political science, international relations, international economic relations, law, sociology, or closely related fields.
- Citizens of these states living abroad and citizens of other countries who are currently residing in any of the above six states are also eligible to participate in the competition.
Application procedure for participation:
- Fill out the application form on https://forms.gle/FwyTrgUbyRwufPgz5.
- Write and upload your motivation letter in Russian or English (300 - 500 words) covering the following questions:
- What interested you in the Preventive Diplomacy Academy? What motivates you?
- How can you be helpful for the PDA interregional network?
3. (Optional) Record and submit a video about your volunteer experience.
* A short video about yourself (30-60 sec), attached to the motivation letter, is welcomed.
The motivation letter is the first stage of selection by the PDA team. If successful, you will be invited to an online interview.
Applications in Russian or English will be accepted until January 31, 2022. Solely complete applications through the Google Forms platform will be considered.
Evaluation Criteria for Competitors:
- Motivation for applying
- Academic/Professional profile
- Exposure/knowledge of regional and national issues for which preventive diplomacy has played, is playing or can play a key role
- Proven social service/volunteering experience within own community
- Level of Russian and/or English
The UNRCCA Preventive Diplomacy Academy Team will carry out the selection of finalists/winners.
Only competition finalists will receive email notifications.
We wish you good luck and look forward to your applications!
For more information, please contact: UNRCCA Preventive Diplomacy Academy Project Associate, Mr.Aziz Kuliyev email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Additional sources of information:
● UNRCCA Website - https://unrcca.unmissions.org/youth-2
● UNRCCA PDA Publications - https://unrcca.unmissions.org/publications-1
● Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/unrcca/
● Twitter - https://twitter.com/UNRCCA
● Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/unrcca_academy