IMPLEMENTING THE UN GLOBAL COUNTER-TERRORISM STRATEGY IN CENTRAL ASIA
A second phase of the project was launched in September 2013 to support the Central Asian countries in implementing the initiatives identified in JPoA for Implementing the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy in Central Asia. The three year project of CTITF and the UNRCCA is being financed with the financial support of the European Union and the Government of Norway.
The Phase II of the Project has been designed to support the implementation of the JPoA through a series of capacity building workshops on its different pillars. These included:
• Regional Workshop I: Dialogue with religious institutions and leaders in Preventing Conflicts and Countering Extremism, November 20-22, 2013, Almaty, Kazakhstan;
• Regional Workshop II: Engaging the Media in Countering Terrorism, July 9-11th 2014, in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan;
• Regional Workshop III: Border Security and Management for Countering Terrorism, March 4- 6th 2015, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan;
• Regional workshop IV: “Recognizing and Responding to Radicalization that Can Lead to Violent Extremism and Terrorism in Central Asia”, March 29-31, 2016, Almaty, Kazakhstan;
• Regional workshop V: “Effectively Countering the Financing of Terrorism”, December 14-16, 2016, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.