UNRCCA ANNOUNCES YOUTH CONTEST “PREVENTIVE DIPLOMACY AMBASSADOR”
The United Nations Regional Centre for Preventive Diplomacy for Central Asia (UNRCCA), implements the Preventive Diplomacy Academy project for the third consecutive year. The project aims to build capacity in preventive diplomacy among young people aged between 18-29, residing in areas of the state borders between Central Asian states and as well as with Afghanistan.
The UN General Assembly Resolution A/RES/73/338 (2019) announced year 2021 as the International Year of Peace and Trust. Peace is not just the absence of conflict, but also a positive, dynamic and participatory process in which dialogue is encouraged and conflicts are resolved in a spirit of mutual understanding and cooperation.
The UNRCCA Preventive Diplomacy Academy initiative is being realized in accordance with the 2030 Youth Strategy and the UN Security Council Resolution on Youth, Peace, and Security.
Stressing the importance of preventive diplomacy in supporting the efforts of the United Nations to promote the peaceful settlement of conflicts to preserve peace, UNRCCA announces an international youth contest “Preventive Diplomacy Ambassador”.
This contest is a unique opportunity for selected motivated and proactive young people to join the online series of training on preventive diplomacy, conflict prevention strategy, intercultural communication, leadership skills and public speaking skills.
Upon completion of the training, the participants will join the interregional network of Young Ambassadors for Preventive Diplomacy in Central Asia and Afghanistan to participate in events organized by the UNRCCA and other entities of the UN system.
Submission of the application:
1. Fill in the application form.
2. Write a motivation letter by answering questions in Russian or English language
a. Why do you feel to be selected as the preventive diplomacy ambassador?
b. Imagine you are the UN Secretary-General for one day. What are the three steps would you
take for peacekeeping in your Region? Explain in details.
The winner’s motivation letters will be published in English and Russian languages. Publications will be distributed through the UN platforms and among the government representatives. The electronic version will be available to the public on UNRCCA website.
Applications in English or Russian language must be forwarded by 30 April 2021 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria that candidates must meet:
- Citizens of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Afghanistan, aged from 18 to 29.
- Citizens of above mentioned countries, living abroad are also eligible to participate, as well as citizens of other countries who are currently studying in one of these six countries.
The motivation letters will be evaluated by the UNRCCA Preventive Diplomacy Academy Team.
Only the winners will receive email notification.
We wish you good luck and look forward to receive your applications!
For more information:
Questions may be sent to the Preventive Diplomacy Academy Team via e-mail to:
- Mayya Meretkuliyeva: email@example.com
- Aziz Kuliyev: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional sources of information:
- Website - https://unrcca.unmissions.org/youth-2
- Publications - https://unrcca.unmissions.org/publications-1
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/unrcca/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/UNRCCA
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/unrcca_academy/