UNRCCA PREVENTIVE DIPLOMACY ACADEMY ANNOUNCES ENROLLMENT OF 2023 PARTICIPANTS
UNRCCA Preventive Diplomacy Academy (PDA) continues to train youth in Central Asia and Afghanistan aged 18 to 29 years in the Preventive Diplomacy program. The PDA activities are implemented under the Youth Strategy 2030 and UN Security Council Resolution 2250, "Youth, Peace and Security", adopted in 2015.
The recruitment of students is based on a competition, a unique opportunity for motivated and enterprising young people to gain the knowledge and skills of a youth leader. PDA 2023 participants will gain an understanding of specialized topics, including the following:
- The basics of preventive diplomacy.
- Conflict prevention strategies.
- Intercultural communication. Information security in cyberspace.
- Human rights.
- The role and participation of youth in preventing violent extremism.
- Leadership and effective communication skills, as well as other knowledge in accordance with the Youth, Peace and Security agenda.
Most classes will be conducted online; therefore, a stable Internet connection is required to participate fully.
After completing the training, participants will be included in the established interregional network of graduates of the Preventive Diplomacy Academy in Central Asia and Afghanistan to participate in events organized by UNRCCA and other UN Funds and Agencies.
The following candidates are invited to participate in the competition:
- Young male and female citizens from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Afghanistan aged from 18 to 29 years old, planning to enter or are already studying political science, international relations, international economic relations, jurisprudence and sociology.
- UN welcomes people with disabilities to apply in PDA training.
How to apply:
1. Fill out the application form: https://forms.gle/qB7cyPShEpwTrVy38.
The full version of the link for the application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScT-agPz2X6Pln2iTbixx6N6433Nc-UirWq9jgTwF4IR3_gqw/viewform?usp=sf_link.
2. Write and upload an online motivation letter in Russian or English (up to 300 words) covering the following questions:
- What made you interested in the Preventive Diplomacy Academy training?
- What motivates you?
- How can you be helpful for the PDA inter-regional network?
3. A short video about yourself named "Why I am suitable to study at PDA" (30-60 sec).
A motivation letter and a video clip are the first stages of selection process by the admission committee. If successful, you will be invited to an online interview.
Applications in Russian or English will be accepted until January 31, 2023.
The Selection Committee will consider only completed applications through the Google Forms platform.
Participant evaluation criteria:
- Motivation to apply;
- Academic/professional profile;
- Identification/knowledge of regional and national issues in which preventive diplomacy has played is playing or can play a key role;
- Proven experience in social service/volunteering in one's community;
- Fluency in Russian and/or English.
Only the finalists of the competition will receive an email notification.
We wish you good luck and look forward to your applications!
For more information, please contact Aziz Kuliyev, Project Assistant – email@example.com
Additional sources of information:
• Website – https://unrcca.unmissions.org/youth-2
• Publications – https://unrcca.unmissions.org/publications-1
• Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/unrcca/
• Twitter - https://twitter.com/UNRCCA
• Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/unrcca_academy